Monday, November 26, 2012

Water Cooler Talk

This is my weekly, albeit selfish, update on the current events in the sports world. I always enjoyed chatting up coworkers about sports when I started (at appropriate times) and it showed people at work I was more than a Junior Consultant, fresh out of college, afraid to engage in conversation.


Feel free to study up and use these tidbits while getting to know your coworkers.

1. Notre Dame is 11-0 and will play for the BCS National Championship. Big news here in the Midwest.
2. Good NFL teams: Atlanta Falcons, New England Patriots, San Francisco 49ers
    Bad NFL teams: Detroit Lions, Jacksonville Jaguars, Kansas City Chiefs
3. The NHL is STILL on strike.
4. The Detroit Tigers signed Torii Hunter and will be the odds on favorite to win the 2013 World Series.


I use sports to relate and get to know my coworkers, because that is what I know. Find something in common, build some camaraderie and don't be afraid to engage in some water cooler talk with veteran employees. I promise you this will make the work day that much more enjoyable.

What do you talk about around the water cooler?

   

No comments:

Post a Comment